Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Friends

The edge of anything really good or bad manages to invoke words out of even the wordless.


He was like a breeze,
She was the warmth,
He was the care,
She was the complaints,
She was always in my hair,
Most of all they were mine.

It feels like a decade since the world spun the right way
Some zillion years my nights use to be my bright day
I now know there is no word like forever or even ever

I have found new friends and in them I find peace
Nostalgia,courage and compromise now nest in me
I wish we could keep everyone close and around for eternity
As we grow older our maniac egos do not give such liberty

Some voices have grown an accent
Some bellies have put on weight
Some hair loss is visible
Some new companionships their destiny await

Golden times and dark days we have all lived
We have loved and hated and tolerated
We have held each other and pushed each other away
We have more importantly been "we".

While we rush through life through new trains,people and places
I take a moment to remember all the faces that filled my spaces
I almost heard a crushing sound of a string "breaking"
I almost see the known faces fading

Rememeber me as I remember you
Both love and hate you
Things might change
Change is inevitable
But I would love to know you all over again

Dont make promises,
Promises just break..
But promise me you'll try to make the promise
Of being and trying to be "we" for a tad longer
Thats all I need to have from you my friends.


- This is an original composition by a very talented friend, Niyati Nagar. I found it very touching, and she graciously allowed me to share!

2 comments: