Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Loony tunes

As it happens, I did go out for Valentine's Day. Yes indeed.
Minus the romance. All we wanted to do was the girly stuff. Eat. Drink. Gossip. Bitch. Diss men. The usual.

But the server thought differently. Our sushi arrived with a special touch of love.


A little carrot heart. We looked around, none of the other tables had a heart prettying up their tables. Our server was either:
  • A proponent of equal rights for all (yay!), or
  • Taking pity on the two girls out for dinner with each other.
In any case, it made our dinner extra special n' oh so so cute!

Then I came home and made tender love to my cup of coffee and a warm banana chocolate chip cookie. Satisfaction. 

Guaranteed. 

6 comments:

  1. I was waiting breathless until the point where I read 'to my cup of coffee..'serious spoiler, you should have left us guessing! I'd probably get to the banana chocolate chip cookie by my fourth guess :P

    Also a second yay for the equal rights bit and to add a little spice, "sweety did you realize we both ate seafood on Valentines!" ;)

    Since you've shared your lovey-dovey story I'll share mine as well! My dad got me roses and ordered mackerel for dinner, both were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richi dear, flowers + yummy seafood is the stuff dreams are made of. Minus accidents, of course!

      Delete
  2. hehehehehe you're bang on! As a second thought, was reminded of the poem below after a long while, thought I'd share:

    What is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.
    No time to stand beneath the boughs
    And stare as long as sheep or cows.
    No time to see, when woods we pass,
    Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
    No time to see, in broad daylight,
    Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
    No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
    And watch her feet, how they can dance.
    No time to wait till her mouth can
    Enrich that smile her eyes began.
    A poor life this if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leisure. The luxury we fools almost always give up first.

      Delete
  3. hahaha!! lovely! :) kudos on the valentine sushi! liked the opening lines a lot ;)

    //As it happens, I did go out for Valentine's Day. Yes indeed.
    Minus the romance. All we wanted to do was the girly stuff. Eat. Drink. Gossip. Bitch. Diss men. The usual.//

    Cheers! Do stop by my blog - Kappu!

    ReplyDelete